The mission of Kalmia Gardens of Coker College is to serve as a public garden, education center and outdoor classroom where plants and animals can be observed in their natural environment. The gardens shall be maintained and preserved for species diversity and for the benefit of those who visit.
1. To support the mission of Coker College.
2. To develop and to maintain the plantings and facilities to support education of and enjoyment by all who enter the Gardens.
3. To study, manage and conserve this particular part of the Black Creek ecosystem, including the north-facing slope and floodplain.
4. To develop and maintain a collection of plants native to South Carolina and appropriate to the region while removing invasive plants from the grounds.
5. To acquire and to display plants of horticultural significance which will survive in this region.
6. To increase public awareness of the presence of the Gardens.
7. To maintain the preservation of the historical Hart House.
Very nice area! Walk around down in the swamp or enjoy the beautiful nature up on the hill!
The gardens are beautiful. Watch for the rubber duck race during the summer! They have many festivals throughout the year, and they are all worth a look see.
Love the park with all the natural walking trails it's beautiful and a great place to take your family
old plantation turned into botanical garden. nice walking trail that leads to quaint little pond
Its so peaceful. I used to love the days my parents would take me and my sister here to just to look at the nature and relax.