The mission of Kalmia Gardens of Coker College is to serve as a public garden, education center and outdoor classroom where plants and animals can be observed in their natural environment. The gardens shall be maintained and preserved for species diversity and for the benefit of those who visit.
1. To support the mission of Coker College.
2. To develop and to maintain the plantings and facilities to support education of and enjoyment by all who enter the Gardens.
3. To study, manage and conserve this particular part of the Black Creek ecosystem, including the north-facing slope and floodplain.
4. To develop and maintain a collection of plants native to South Carolina and appropriate to the region while removing invasive plants from the grounds.
5. To acquire and to display plants of horticultural significance which will survive in this region.
6. To increase public awareness of the presence of the Gardens.
7. To maintain the preservation of the historical Hart House.
Kalmia Gardens is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media
South Carolina, also known as "The Palmetto State," was the eighth state to enter the Union (1788). Less than a hundred years later, it would see the start of the Civil War, when shots were fired on… Read More
Candy is one of the few joys of the world that can perk you up and make you smile after just one bite! Across South Carolina, you’ll find an abundance of candy stores to truly sate your sweet… Read More
Pubs may have gotten their start across the pond, but you don’t have to travel abroad for a good pub experience. South Carolina has given this British icon a strong following stateside, with a… Read More
For the finest, most succulent seafood in South Carolina, your search is over. From Spartanburg to Summerville, these seafood markets have an incredible selection of catches that will have your taste… Read More